The highlights of our past couple of weeks has included several holidays from school. There was the Agricultural holiday on May 1st, and then Flag Day on the 18th. Flag Day is always such a fun day for the kids are there are parades with the various schools in the area, and a special program out on the community soccer field. None of our kids participated in the parades this year, but they did have their annual drinks and BBQ chicken stand set up on the soccer field to try and make some money. Unfortunately the rain did not cooperate with us this year, and Flag Day got rained out.
Unfortunately, Roselanda wasn't one of the kids who got to participate in these festivities this year. She came into the HOH several months ago with severe malnutrition. She is just the sweetest little thing, she has the friendliest personality and just loved getting involved with every bit of life she could. One afternoon about a month ago she decided to go watch the big boys playing basketball out in the back yard. Through a series of very unfortunate events, Roselanda ended up with a broken leg. People who come to visit us here are always asking if we don't have kids get hurt here very often. And the incredible thing is we don't. But Roselanda is one of the rare exceptions.
We have had a number of different visitors and teams come through over the past couple of weeks, each bringing along there particular expertise to help out either us or the hospital.
A number of our kids received their report cards for the last semester of school. On the whole they have done pretty good. There are a few who are going to have to work extra hard to pass the school year, but the rest are doing well.
We'd ask you to lift us up in pray for the following requests:
- Continue to pray for our financial needs. God is so faithful, please continue to ask Him to provide for our needs to cover our payroll, and for the months the hospital has helped us in this area.
- Thank God for his provisions for us, especially our great friends in Miami whose food shipments are such a blessing to us.
- We still don't know if Jenny & Djordjy are going to be traveling to Canada in the month of June for their "Church Wedding", but we do have high hopes that it will all work out. Pray for all the different parts of the process to come together to make this a reality.
- We seem to be having a nasty virus going through our home. Several of the kids are down, and Linda and I haven't been feeling well the past few days either. We'd appreciate your prayers for health and healing for those who are not well.
- A number of the youth here are preparing for their difficult government exams that will take place during the months of June and July. Please pray for them as they study, that they would be faithful in studying, and be able to remember what they need to in order to pass these exams.