Linda and I are heading out the door to the airport in Port-de-Paix heading for Port-au-Prince. It's been a while since I've written so I wanted to just put out a really quick update. Here are some things that have been keeping us busy these past weeks...
- We enjoyed having a team here from Calvary Bible church in E. Stroudsburg, PA. They were such a help in doing many jobs here at the HOH and at the hospital. They also had a number of young people on the team this year, and it was great for our young people to spend time with them. Everyone had a great time, and it was a blessing to have them here.
- After that team left, we were happy to have Jeb and Gail Bland here for several days. It's always a great encouragement for us all to have them visit. They brought us a special gift of a very nice printer, which will be a huge help. Especially as I'll need to print out the student work books for our upcoming Peacemaker lessons.
- The boat came in, and while they are still having lots of trouble, we are slowly receiving boxes of things that were sent to us months ago. Some of the Christmas gifts have arrived! So perhaps next week we'll get some time to have a small party and pass out the gifts. One gift that was sent was a beautiful red wagon, you can see in this picture the kids are enjoying it immensely. Please pray that we'd be able to receive the rest of the things on the boat without too much difficulty.
- Praise the Lord! I managed to finish everything on the translation and putting together of the Young Peacemaker lessons, and now I'll spend some time studying it all and getting ready to have the seminar on March 14-19.
- We were able to get a prayer letter written and put together thanks to many people who put their hands together to help us. Those of you who receive them via snail mail should get them soon, those who get them via e-mail, they'll be on the way as soon as it gets posted on the internet.
- Aline the little girl we asked you to pray for last time is slowly starting to improve. She got really bad there for a little while, but I think we are at last heading in the right direction. Please continue to pray for her, and for the staff taking care of her, she has special diets and health care needs that require a lot of extra time and attention.
- Our students are right in the middle of exams. Everyone is studying hard trying to improve their marks, so we would really appreciate your prayers on their behalf.
- As I mentioned before Linda and I are heading to PAP for the weekend. Linda has an appointment at the US Embassy to renew her US visa so she can travel. We are slowly working through all the steps we need to take in order for her and I to be able to travel this coming summer. We'd appreciate your prayers as we travel, and that all would go well at the appointment. Pray too for the HOH in our absence.
Well, that about sums up our lives lately. It has been hectic, but we have accomplished a lot. We appreciate your prayers for us...