Life can be uncertain at times and it's always nice to have a team of partners to share things with and know you will pray with us about them. It is also a comfort to know that even though we have no idea how each of these issues are going to work out in the end; we know we can trust our Father to walk with us and no matter the outcome, work things out for His glory. So, we want to share a few things we've been dealing with and ask you to pray with us about them.
- The Fletcher family who have been part of the larger HOH family for years had an unexpected death in their family. Jonathan had come to the HOH several times and left a very impressionable mark on all of us. He passed away suddenly, leaving behind a wife and small daughter. They could really use your prayers during this difficult time. Pray also for our kids, Dieujuste and Desimène who are especially close to the Fletcher family and took this news hard.
- Then comes our 3 girls with medical issues...
- Lyse has taken another turn for the worse and need another transfusion of blood. Pray that they can locate that for her and find veins to be able to give it to here.
- Dorothy continues to remain the same with no noticeable improvement. At least she isn't worse, so please continue to pray for her.
- Oliana, our young lady with the numerous health issue, diabetes being the most difficult is really in rough shape again. This morning they woke up to her being completely delirious and not knowing who she was or where she was. Her blood sugar levels are just on a roller coaster up and down and they are having difficulty stabilizing them. She has been with us a long time and is such a huge part of our family. Please pray for wisdom for the doctors, courage and strength for all those who are caring for Oliana, especially Linda (as many of you might be able to empathize, it is so difficult to feel so helpless and unable to help someone who means so much to you), and pray for healing for Oliana.
- Our last challenge of the week is that our parent Haitian organization has encountered some issues with their US bank. They are working very hard to get it all sorted out but in the meantime are not able to get us any funds through them. We had already waited almost a month to receive the funds they sent us and now we found out we can't access them. As you might be able to imagine, this puts us in a very tough spot and has caused quite a bit of stress this week. We are so thankful that we received a shipment of dry food this past week, so we are still able to feed the kids, but we are going to need some help to get through this challenge until those funds can flow again. We are also thankful that we have more than one method of receiving funds. While most of our funds come through the Haitian organization, we do have another partnering organization that can receive funds for us and get them to us in a much less complicated method. We'd ask you to pray for 2 things:
- Pray that the Haitian organization can work out this bank issue and get our funds flowing again.
- Pray that God would provide for our immediate financial needs through other gifts. (if anyone wants to help us out with this need, they can donate through Extreme Response International either online at www.extremeresponse.org or by sending a check to one of their offices: PO Box 345, Snellville, GA 30078-0345; or PO Box 1013, Simcoe, ON N3Y 5B3 Canada).
Thank you so much for caring about us and our needs. Thank you for praying for us and helping us face our challenges. Thank you for loving our kids and holding up their needs before our loving Father.