We were full of good news in our last update. But you have to be ready in our line of ministry for the ups and downs. This past couple of weeks has not been as good for our two girls that we've been tracking with you all.
Dorothy has not made any more progress ahead. She continues to receive her food and meds through the tube and cannot spend much time out of bed. They doctors continue to be stumped and unsure of their diagnosis. But we are doing everything we can for her at the moment. Please continue to pray for her physical, emotional and spiritual healing.
Lyse had a rough couple of weeks as well. Her blood count dropped significantly and the local blood bank was out of blood for over a week. As you can imagine, her parents were incredibly frustrated and discouraged as they waited for blood to become available. Thankfully they found some and she has received it now. Please continue to pray for all of them.
Meanwhile, we have received a few newcomers to our home these past couple of weeks. Brothers, Markens (3) and Marc Edner (2), came to the HOH with malnutrition.
Another little girl, Rose Naisha (20 months) came with malnutrition as well.
These children will be at the HOH at least a couple of months as we feed and care for them and also find out what is going on with their family situation. Often, with learning some of the issues going on in the family home and then with some education for the moms or other key family members; these children are able to return home once they are healthy again.
As for the rest of the HOH...
- Our students are facing mid-term exams and so are studying and feeling a bit stressed. They'd really appreciate your prayers for them.
- Our vehicle is broken down. It is being fixed, but it is taking a lot longer than originally thought. It is a vital part of our work and not having it to rely on is tough on Linda and the young people who help her. You could pray that it gets back up and running again soon.
- While we've significantly reduced our debt to the hospital, it is not completely gone yet. Our staff are really due a raise, but we are not allowed to raise the salaries until our bill is at zero. Please continue to pray that we would receive more funds and be able to pay this off -- then that we would get in enough to give our staff a much needed and very much overdue raise.
- Jenny will be making a trip to the North Eastern US to visit some supporting churches, friends, family and supporters. She hopes to encourage our current supporters and also pick up some new ones as she travels. She will be in the Philadelphia area off and on from April 22 to May 13. She'll be in White River Junction, VT at Valley Bible Church for the weekend of April 28-30. Then she'll be in the Lancaster, PA area from May 4 - 10. Sunday, May 7th she'll be at Grace Baptist Church in York, PA. If you are in or around those areas and would like to schedule a time to get together with her -- just let her know. If you want to come to one of the church services while she's there -- you are most welcome. She hopes to see as many of you as she can! For those who aren't in the area, please pray for safety and health as she travels.
We are so thankful for each of you who plays such an important part in this ministry. This past month here are some of the blessings we've also received:
- A church sent us some tubs of much needed clothing and medical supplies -- especially insulin syringes that we've had trouble getting in our area of Haiti.
- A friend in Haiti has been working hard to help us get our car fixed. A supporter raised funds to help us cover the costs of fixing it.
- A church donated funds to cover food costs and shipping this month. The food started arriving over the weekend as the boat was being unloaded. Food shipments are always a huge help to Linda. A friend in Miami always helps us purchase it and ship it over -- couldn't do this without him.
- Another church sent over a bunch of sheets and towels -- they haven't been unloaded off the boat yet, but the excitement is high for those -- everyday they wait for those drums to get offloaded!
- Many of you have supported us either with finances, encouragement or prayers -- We are so blessed by you all. Thank you!