Greetings to you all. I'm sure some of you have heard of Haiti's unrest on the news. We wanted to let you know all of us are doing ok for the moment. The unrest rarely reaches out as far as where we are located, so in that sense the HOH is fine. But our young men are studying in PAP and several others were there getting errands done for us. They are fine, staying put and waiting it all out.
We'd love it if you would pray for the issues in Haiti.
- Pray for wisdom for the leaders and for calm for those causing the unrest.
- Pray for safety for our boys in PAP and that our boys who need to get back up to the HOH are able to do so in the coming days.
- There are many people from all over Haiti who were in our town for the yearly spiritual life conference. They need to travel back to their homes tomorrow, pray for their safety and that they'd be able to get back home again.
- My (Jenny's) trip to Haiti is scheduled to take place in 2 weeks! Pray for calm to return so I can make it in and up to the HOH safely. I am traveling with a young lady from the US and a team from Miami will be joining us the next week. Pray for wisdom for all of us involved and that we'd be able to make the trip. The kids at the HOH have been waiting for this trip all year!
- Summer Camp/VBS is coming up in 3 weeks. We have almost 300 kids/youth signed up to come and we have almost finished all the preparations. Pray that we'll be able to get there, get the food supplies we need, get the team there and all the supplies.... and that we have a great time learning from God's Word and having fun together.
Our kids enjoyed being involved in the local conference this past weekend. They love joining in the throngs of other kids from all over Haiti and learning new songs and stories. We will be singing the songs for the entire year ahead!
Linda and the kids enjoying conference...
We also received a number of items from various groups and individuals in Miami on the latest boat. All of them will be helpful in the upcoming weeks with our visitors and upcoming day camp. Here are a few pictures -- you can see by the smiles on their faces -- everything was a big hit!
We are so grateful for the number of ways our partners support us in this work. We appreciate each one of you. Thank you for your part!